Milk Quality & Udder Care
What can QMS do to improve milk quality and profitability for your dairy?
- To Meet consumer demands
- Safety, flavor, shelf-life
- To make Profit
- Healthier udders
- For Higher milk production
- Fewer expenses
- Quality premiums
- Reproductive efficiency
- Mastitis costs Kshs 13,000/cow/year
What are the cause(s) of poor quality milk?
* Poor udder health will lead to infected milk produced by the cow
Why Worry ImageAbout Udder Care?
* Mastitis impairs reproductive performance.
What is mastitis?
* Mastitis is the inflammation of the udder. Its caused by micro-organisms that multiply and damage milk secreting cells.
The inflammation of the mammary gland caused by micro-organisms, usually bacteria that invade the udder, multiply and produce toxins that are harmful to the mammary gland.
Effects of Mastitis:
- Increased Somatic Cell Count
- Reduced Milk quality, premiums
- Reduced Production
- Increased Discarded milk
- Increased Treatment costs
- Reduced Reproductive efficiency
- Increased Premature culling
- Increased Death loss
Available in 3 formulas:
- The healthy teat specialist, dual germicide with lactic acid to promote teat exfoliation
- Extra emollients to keep teats in excellent condition
- Great when one product is needed for pre and post dipping
- The ultimate level of protection
- Dual germicide penetrates teat canal to physically block pathogens
- Protection from milking to milking
Encore: Discover the Encore Difference*
Both formulas have the same activator which offers flexibility in year-round product use with brilliant yellow marking.
Available in two formulas:
- Improved dip retention
- Less waste
- No build-up on teat ends
- The product of choice when environmental mastitis is main problem, but also want equal control of contagious mastitis
- Ultimate teat conditioning for healthy teats in all weather
- Great when one product is needed for pre and post dipping, and contagious mastitis is the main problem
Express: Premium Protection, at Economical Concentrate Pricing…
Express offers the same patented dual germicidal combination as Valiant and uses advanced chlorine dioxide technology.
Brilliant Blue or Yellow marking – excellent for pre and post dip use.
LAS – residual kill, protection from milking to milking